Linked documents / pages
- Size limits for TESS studies
- Variables in TESS Standard Data Delivery
- Variables in GfK's (formerly Knowledge Networks) Public Affairs Profile
- Variables in GfK's (formerly Knowledge Networks) Health Profile
- Variables in GfK's (formerly Knowledge Networks) Financial Services Profile
- Variables in GfK's (formerly Knowledge Networks) Core Profile
- TESS review process flowchart
- Summary of GfK (formerly Knowledge Networks) survey design
- List of TESS Associate PIs
- IRB support information from GfK (formerly Knowledge Networks)
- Template of Project Specification to be provided by authors of successful proposals to GfK (formerly Knowledge Networks)
- GfK (formerly Knowledge Networks) specifications for multimedia elements
- What are the overall goals of TESS?
- What sampling methodology is used for TESS surveys?
- What kinds of proposals are appropriate?
- Who pays for TESS?
- Who runs TESS?
- What is a general population experiment?
- What are advantages of general population experiments?
- Why is time-sharing beneficial?
Submitting a Proposal
- Who is eligible to submit a proposal?
- When is the deadline for submission of a proposal?
- How do I submit a proposal?
- How long can my proposal be?
- What information must my proposal include?
- Can I submit more than one proposal at a time?
- What kinds of proposals are most likely to be successful?
- My proposal is neither experimental nor quasi-experimental. Will TESS accept it?
- How many items can I include? How many subjects can I have?
- Why are there limits on what I can ask for?
- What other items are included in the standard TESS data delivery?
- What additional items can be added to the TESS data delivery for my study?
- What if I need more respondent-questions than described above?
- What if my survey employs open-ended questions?
- What if I want to sample a specific subpopulation?
- What if I want to conduct an endowment experiment?
- What if I want to conduct an experiment that involves deception?
- Can TESS provide information on response times?
- Can I do randomized block designs using TESS?
- Are there limits on the number of experiments that I can run on TESS?
- How do I submit a proposal to TESS's Short Studies Program (SSP)?
TESS Review Process
- What happens after I submit a proposal?
- How long will I have to wait to hear whether or not TESS accepts my proposal?
- How are resubmissions of previous proposals treated?
- Can I resubmit my rejected proposal to TESS?
- How many proposals will TESS accept?
Fielding an Accepted Proposal
- What is provisional acceptance?
- What is the requirement for institutional review board (IRB) documentation?
- What happens after I get human subjects approval?
- When will I receive the data from my experiment?
- For how long will I have exclusive access to the data from my proposal?
- What are my obligations to TESS after I receive my data?
- Will my proposal also be made available online?